Store In Pölva, Estonian PMR-446 Activity

If you don't speak estonian, then you can discuss here.
Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel
QTH: KP22IG

Re: Store In Pölva, Estonian PMR-446 Activity

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » P Nov 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Once again excellent PMR-446 activity day. Just before noon I took a tram from Hobujaama and rode to the crossroads of Läsnamäe and Majak from which opens a clear view to the Tallin Laht. There I managed to raise Äpu with very strong 59 signals. Then I took a tram again and rode to the Kopli peninsula and departed the tram at Sepa, that is the second last stop on that line. The last one is Kopli, I think. I walked accross the railway line and managed to raise Äpu, Ambur and Officer from the open field between the railway line and the sea. Then I walked towards the beach and raised Officer Once again. I walked the beach line westwards until I arrived at the fence, obviously there is Estonian Coast Guard station. From there I raised Vanapagan and Officer. Then I took a tram once again and rofe to the Kadriorg. From there I walked accross the Pirita highway and raised Äpu once again, that was on the beach about directly from the Embassy of China. Obviously I managed to break in on some QSO, sri. From there I walked towards Marjamäe Loss and climbed atop of the hill behind the Palace. Frome there I could open the Tallinn papagoi with 50 mW. Unfortunately the activity has ceased at that time on ch8.00 as well as on ch3.00, perhaps only some scrambled traffic on papagoi or someone opened the repeater. I didn't try Keila while it was not programmed on my Intek and I didn't remember the channel. Anyway this is the place to be while Sunday activities are considered. The powerful TV transmitter splashes on UHF strongly but you can locate yourself so that the man made hills and piles of landmasses are between the PMR station and the Pirita high power TV-mast.

I have now tested several QTH's around Tallinn and my ranking list is as follows

1 The hill behind the Marjamäe Loss

2 Paljassaare Poolsaar

3.Kopli Poolsaar

4. At the crossroads of Majak and Lasnamäe

Probably the Kopli Poolsaar is not very wise selection because those military installations are not necessarily the best places to run your field day activities. I have some earlier experiences from Cyprus in 1991 when I was listening my scanner radio beside the road at Dhekilia S.B.A. British M.P. Land Rover was immediately on site and at the end they let me go, yes with my scanner radio.

My log is as follows

Äpu
Ambur
Officer
Vanapagan
and couple of stations I could not identify but I gave them reports, one was perhaps Aivar.

Vy nice PMR Sunday indeed, Tuhanned tänud QSOd eest ja pikk sided/73!
Lugupidamisega, 73 ES GD DX
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » P Nov 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Just before 2000z, i.e. 22.00 local, I managed to open Keila papagoi on PMR-446 ch5.00 with 53 – 54 signals with my Intek MT-5050 walkie-talkie. My QTH was on the hill next to the Vabaduse Väljak and the repeater was audible from very tight slots between buildings. So I couldn't move my radio a single inch or I lost contact. I managed to raise Kaljukits and we had a nice QSO over this Keila repeater.

Then Marja-Jüri called on the repeater channel but I could hear him directly. So we switched on ch8.00 and had nice QSO with 57 reports both ways. And we both had ½ W walkie-talkies.

Suured Tänud Kaljukitsil ja Marja-Jüril öö-QSOd eest. Head ja pikk PMR-/CB-kontaktid ja 73!

Siin (56) P77
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » N Dets 17, 2009 12:25 am

Kaljukits kirjutas:...Latvian CB/PMR porukan kanssa valitettavasti yhteistyötä ei ole...

Perhaps it is a good idea to celebrate new year's eve 2010 in Tallinn, depart next morning for Latvia, staying overnight in Riga and checking whether there is any PMR-446 activity in Riga. AS Edelaraudtee railway company will open a new line to Valga and according to my knowledge from Valga (or Valka) there is a train connection to Riga

http://www.edel.ee/253/0/readmore/241/

http://sirius.ldz.lv/sari/?lngg=en

I know there is an express bus line between Tallinn and Riga but this time I rather prefer this new Tartu - Valga railway line.

RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

EINAR
Veteran
Veteran
QTH: KO38MC
Kontakt:

PostitusPostitas EINAR » T Veebr 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Grindstone and the other friends in Radiohullut, the shop TANI ÄRI in Põlva, Kesk str.-3 is open at:

Monday to Friday 9:00 - 18:00
Saturday - ..........9:00 - 14:00

There is now many best prices to CB and PMR !
http://www.hot.ee/taniari

Mine

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 7 külalist