Store In Pölva, Estonian PMR-446 Activity

If you don't speak estonian, then you can discuss here.
Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel
QTH: KP22IG

Store In Pölva, Estonian PMR-446 Activity

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » L Okt 24, 2009 8:11 pm

I have read with great interest this forum while you native speakers have discussed about the hardware store in Pölva

http://www.hot.ee/taniari/

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2888&start=135

I have not understood the discussion completely but at least according to the pictures there are lot of stuff in that store. According to some websites direct bus routes do exist between Tallinn and Pölva. My question is that how far from the bus stop (in Pölva) is the store? I have planned to visit the place on Monday. Hopefully I do not mess with the buses and end up in the other part of Estonia.

The other question is that there is some PMR-446 activity in Estonia tomorrow. My intention is take to Tartu in tomorrow morning and I shall return to Tallinn at 4.29 pm according to the Edelraudtee timetables. If I have read and understood them correctly. Tomorrow I shall get my Alinco DJ-V446 walkie-talkie back so I can call either from Tartu or from Tallinn. According to my understnding I have 4 hours in Tartu, so it is plenty of time. And should I miss the train then I have even more time.
Lugupidamisega, 73 ES GD DX
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

olc
Veteran
Veteran
QTH: KO38JJ

Re: Store In Pölva, Estonian PMR-446 Activity

PostitusPostitas olc » L Okt 24, 2009 8:48 pm

1km from bus station down the hill

Kasutaja avatar
Pagan
Veteran
Veteran
QTH: KO38EF

PostitusPostitas Pagan » L Okt 24, 2009 9:08 pm

You need 2 days for visit that shop and check all the stuff, book hotel in Põlva. :lol:

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » L Okt 24, 2009 10:05 pm

I think so too. Many Thanks for the information so far! There are lot of stuff in that shop according to the pictures. Anyway I think I can visit there by bus from Tallinn, or perhaps I managed to get my Alinco back and ask some interested PMR people other options, e.g. I could pay gasoline had someone a car available and willing to drive there on Monday. And I shall be back in Tallinn on Monday evening. Unfortunately I absolutely cannot stay in Estonia any longer, this time. I managed to "miss" one bus and ferry on Friday, one can also say that I escaped from the bus, or even escaped from the discotheque of the cruiseliner on Thursday evening in Tallinn Port - either way here I am now in Tallinn. So I shall leave Estonia on Tuesday. But I shall be back soon, and in case I find some interesting in Pölva then I shall return there too. At least the voltage/continuity tester once sold in Finland, but later denied because of too low impedance, is rather interesting. Also the scanners, HF SSB radios, afterburners and of course export SSB/CB TRX units too interest me. But my first interest is to get my Alinco back, so I can hopefully make some QSOs either in Tartu or in Tallinn tomorrow while you have your activity Sunday in Estonia.
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Mihka
Veteran
Veteran
QTH: KO38IH
Kontakt:

PostitusPostitas Mihka » P Okt 25, 2009 11:33 am

Verry good and many hardware are in Tartu Tehnoturg Shop too...adress is Tuglase 19 and open 10.00-18.00 and prices are very good..come and visit our shop...

www.tehnoturg.ee
Yaesu FT-8900R, FT-7800E,Baasantenn triband 6m/2m/70cm V-2000(ES5LCN)

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » P Okt 25, 2009 10:04 pm

As this thread developes to a story of my "Adventures in Revalia" I have to tell that I got my Alinco DJ-V446 back tonight and eagerly called cq from various places in downtown Tallinn, i.e. in Rootermanni area, Merekeskus area, a park near Kalev Spa Hotel, a park near Hotel Reval Olümpia. Then I had Tiina to make some excellent Estonian traditional food for me - pizza. It seems to be that we, both you Estonians and we Finns, do share similar traditions of food (!). After üks pizza Fanta-ga ja üks kohvi koorega I continued calling cq from various places, with no joy, however. At one time I managed to pick some noise from some office or similar mansion full of computers, so the RX obviously works in my Alinco. I returned to Roseni, but I shall take out my Alinco later in the evening, perhaps 10 p.m. Then I'll have a cup of coffee somewhere, call once again and go to bed.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to take a bus to Pölva and visit the hardware store there. Thanks for the information regarding the Tehnoturg in Tartu. I was completely off-line during the day, so I didn't know this until I arrived Roseni. But don't worry, Edelaraudtee AS railoading company will most certainly be obliged to carry me with their DR1B units to Tartu should I buy a ticket. And then I will pay a visit to Tehnoturg. Unfortunately I couldn't persuade any other radio "maniacs" or "enthusiasts" from Finland to accompany my. Even the folks with whom I arrived here (that was a different hobby group) were not interested making some "third party extension" to the normal Tallink-Silja Ltd. cruising and sightseeing tour programmes. So, when the bus left the Museum of Occupations, I was not aboard. One very clever lady in that group noticed that "one of us was missing" and called my cellphone before I switched completely to the EMT Simpel in order to avoid unnecessary questions. By the way, our excellent tour guide, Ms. Jaanika, recommended visiting Pölva and Tartu when I told her about my plans.

So, I think that in any case I'll have to pay a visit to Tartu as well as to Pölva before Xmas this year. One thing which interests me and many other enthusiasts is the availability of 68 MHz land mobile two-way radios. In Tehnoturg there is one, or I have seen one on their website.

RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » E Okt 26, 2009 9:50 pm

I visited the Äri Tani hardware store in Pölva, or Põlva more likely. I really should have booked a hotel room for I think it will took whole week to check out all the stuff there.

I bought a Roadstar TRA-2933 9-band world receiver, Alan 100 plus CB-radio as well as Intek MT-5050 UHF walkie talkie for PMR-446 band. Many thanks, (or suurimad tänud) for the folks there, especially for Sigrid who kindly translated our discussions. Also many thanks for the folks here in this forum for good advice without I could have not found the place, as well as the pieces of advice regarding other places worth visiting in Estonia in the (hopefully near) future.

In a short moment I am going to take once again my Alinco out here in Tallinn and make some CQ calls on ch 8.00 in order to raise some stations up. Unfortunately it rained somewhat while I walked from the bus station to my hotel here at Roseni. And by the way, of course I dropped in Tiina Pizza at Liivalaia (probably the best place of its kind in town - at least on my opinion) once again because in Pölva I took only a cup of coffee.
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

EINAR
Veteran
Veteran
QTH: KO38MC
Kontakt:

PostitusPostitas EINAR » T Okt 27, 2009 11:16 pm

Grindstone, thank You for all and what You wrote on my PS!
Sigrid,thank You for service, wery nice!

EINAR
Veteran
Veteran
Kontakt:

PostitusPostitas EINAR » L Okt 31, 2009 11:44 pm

Grindstone, unfortunately I am not able to go to Tallinn on Sunday for I am exepecting some guests same day at home.
Sincerely, EINAR

Kasutaja avatar
officer
Veteran
Veteran
QTH: KO29KL

PostitusPostitas officer » P Nov 01, 2009 10:46 am

...paluks siin avalikustada ka Sigrid'i erakirjavahetus :D
ES2JT/304JT

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » E Nov 02, 2009 4:05 pm

The PMR Activity Sunday was successful on my behalf too. I arrived in Estonia on Saturady evening just before midnight and booked a hotel room. On next morning I took a tram and walked to the Cape Paljassaar, or Paljassaare Poolsaar more likely. There is a platform on the east coast but there were some noise or other reasons for poor reception. This should be checked in the near future. A little bit souhtwards there is an artificial structure of concrete elements in order to provide a flat field, perhaps a former parking lot. Nowadays it seems to be that parking is prohibited there but I used this concrete/steel strucutre as a reflector towards downtown Tallinn/Pirita. I called CQ and managed to raise station Kaljukits/Kauris with initial report of 5/4 but relocating myself I could hear Kaljukits 5/9.

My log is as follows, I'm afraid it is not complete and timestamps (all times UTC or zulu) are not accurate ones

1000 Kaljukits/Kauris
1006 Ambur
1010 Kauris
1016 Vanapagan
1033 Dzinnis
1106 Mark-III

also I heard the following stations and was not able to raise them, so I gave a 5/9 reception report to the blind, bút I am not at all sure did they receive my blind transmission

Pauhh
Officer
Siim

Also please note that after I changed my location a bit I could hear all the loggfed stations loud and clear, i.e. 5/9 or more. I used unmodified Alinco DJ-V446 walkie talkie transceiver with its original antenna.

Before the Raekoja Plats rendevouz at 1300z I managed to raise Kaljukits once more with really L/C signal while my QTH was near Raekoja Plats, actually I was walking there from Tallinn Baltijaam Central Railway Station. Then at 1300z we had wonderful meal at nice restaurant and we agreed on some testing with Kaljukits.

At around 1900z I was not able to raise station Kaljukits so I decided to place a telephone call on him. We agreed to try once more when I would have had relocated myself more properly. I found a suitable place , a hill near Freedom Square Monument, or Vabaduse Väljak more likely. Atop the hill there is a canopy and about 20 meters from that canopy towards SEB Bank building I managed to raise station Kaljukits in Keila. The signal levels were occasionally really L/C, i.e. 5/9 or more but there was very heavy QSB for some reason or other. Also the location and position of my radio were very critical ones thus I was not able to move a single inch in any direction without significant signal loss. Later in the evening we ran number of unuccessful tests with Kaljukits and it seems to be that at so great spans of communications the antenna height become more and more critical. In shorter distances, however, the open space at the near field tend to be more critical.

Many thanks for the PMR folks in Estonia (to those who were on the field an those who were at their home QTH), or suured tänud Eesti PMR-meestele, who made this PMR-446 activity day possible! Hopefully your PMR-pühapäeva activity continues in the future and hopefully the activity draws more and more attention on the shores Gulf of Finland. By the way, have you had any information regarding PMR-activity in Latvia, e.g. accross the Gulf of Riga? Or are there any co-operation already existing?
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Kasutaja avatar
Kaljukits
Moderaator
Moderaator
QTH: KO29EH
Kontakt:

PostitusPostitas Kaljukits » E Nov 02, 2009 4:20 pm

grindstone kirjutas:By the way, have you had any information regarding PMR-activity in Latvia, e.g. accross the Gulf of Riga? Or are there any co-operation already existing?

Latvian CB/PMR porukan kanssa valitettavasti yhteistyötä ei ole.
73! de ES1TL, ES2TL, 3Ø4TL

EINAR
Veteran
Veteran
Kontakt:

PostitusPostitas EINAR » T Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Grindstone and all other guests visiting Tani Äri 12/13 - Iwill try to deliver some new radios and other CB and PMR equipment, also will supplement fishing and night vision equipment by that time.
Some new advertising pictures will be coming up soon too on CB-forum by that time!
See You in Tani Äri in Põlva!

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » T Nov 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Ok, many thanks OM Kaljukits from answer and information. I think there will be some Finnish PMR-activity next Sunday too, but I'm not aware how many stations and their exact QTH's at this time. More details will be available towards the weekend. I personally can and shall attend with my radio eihter from Kulomäki in Hyvinkää or Malminkartanonmäki in Helsinki. However I have to drive well above 200 km for both these locations and I have not managed to raise any Estonian stations from these QTH's so far, so it might be feasible to try some contacts from some good QTH's in and around Tallinn (metropolitan area). Many thanks for Einar and Sigrid for your kind assistance. Unfortunately we couldn't have any QSO last Sunday but perhaps in the near future we could have one, perhaps one even in Põlva.
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Kasutaja avatar
oh2jin
Surfan raadiolainetel
Surfan raadiolainetel

PostitusPostitas oh2jin » L Nov 14, 2009 11:02 pm

I just arrived at my hotel room from a little walk and tram ride. I called couple of times from various places on PMR-446 ch3 (i.e. Tallinn repeater) but no joy. The best place would have been Vabaduse Väljak as I received the repeater 59+ many dB's with my Intek MT-5050. In a few moments I shall take another walk in Tallinn night but I assume every OM and YL in Estonia is sleeping and charging his or her radio batteries at this time for tomorrow is the PMR Pühapäeva. Only the tourists like me are wandering in downtown Tallinn but NEVER SAY DIE - I shall try to raise at least one station tonight either on ch8.00 or ch3.00.
RAFAEL / 56P77 / OH2JIN

Mine

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 6 külalist